12 Nov 2013

Belle Reminisce





Hello lovies, I’m sure you’re doing great. I am too. This is of course a follow-up on our last post. Find it HERE.
This week, we would consider how we've fared this year (oh yea, me too :) Let’s utilize the following as yard stick to assess our levels of progression in achieving 'the maximum us'--


Spiritually
Have I been close to God as I intended when this year began? Do I have a relationship with Him? Do I tell Him everything and anything? Do I immediately apologize when I’ve done something wrong? Or I only remember He exists when I need a miracle?

Financially
Have I been an impulse spender? Did I make or lose more money? Did I make any wise investments? Do I have any savings now? How much? Is it less? Why is it this amount now? Did I make any extra cash on my own? What important endeavour did I put it to? If I'm made the finance manager/ treasurer in my organization, what would be the story? Have I been committed to paying my tithes, my offerings and first fruits, giving alms?

Emotionally
Have I been too clingy or emotionally independent? Did I cry more often? Why/why not? Did I let past hurts, mistakes and fears affect new relationships? Was I the cause of the break-up? Am I a good fiancee/wife/friend/mother? Why? Why not?

Character-wise
Have I been a snob? A gossip? How many 'toasters' did I laugh at? Could any of them have been 'the one?' Have I been arrogant, lazy, angry, kept malice, more often?

Family-wise
Am I a good daughter/mother/sister? Are my parents proud of me? Is my fiance/husband proud of me? Why didn't that relationship/marriage work? When last did I see my parents/siblings? Do I still care? When last did I show some love?

Career-wise
Have I affected my colleagues positively? What do my colleagues think of me? Have I been too involved in my job that I ignored other areas of my life? Am I the office gossip/busy-body/malice-keeper? Was I the reason someone was accused falsely and disengaged? Am I a fraud? Was I bold enough to present that plan that could have saved my organization?

Academically
Did I gain that admission? Why? Why not? Was I too lazy to apply for that Masters degree program or scholarship? Did I ignore that online program that could have given me an edge? Could I have imparted knowledge during the strike? Could I have gained more knowledge during the strike and other spare days, weeks and months? Have I used too many abbreviations that I've sincerely forgotten how to spell some words?
 
Socially
Did I make good friends? Did I ignore old friends? Was I selfish most of the time? Am I oblivious of the events around me? Am I too interested in E! And 'Style' that I forget to listen to NTA news, or even the radio? Did I achieve much via social sites or waste useful time?  

Health-wise
Did I hit the gym or the streets to lose that weight? Am I comfortable with the weight? Did I feed reasonably and responsibly? Did I ignore my health this year? Could my eye sight be better by eating certain foods? What kind? Did I fall very sick before I did something? Is there any strange pain I constantly ignore? Could it be a symptom of something critical?

Above all, am I willing to be a better person???

Yes you probably knew all these already. But did you?


Do leave your comments in the dialogue box below. I'd looove to 'hear' from you.

Hugs and kisses.

No comments: