17 Apr 2020

Working from Home: My Experience

Ladies and gentlemen, 

About this issue of working from home this season...

I have been basically s t r u g g l i n g!

Let me give you a little background here. I am married, I have two children - a boy of about four years and a girl aged two. These little people are HYPER-active! I kid you not.

They have the energy to match any WWE wrestler (maybe not quite), but you get the picture.

I have no nanny.

My husband is home too and very hands-on, but still...

I get quite busy with the various things I am working on (office work, blogging, masters degree, online courses, side hustle, etc.)

So, when I pick up my computer to do some work, just small work o, what follows next is "Mummy, I'm hungry", "Mummy" X 1000000, "I want to wee", "I want to poo", "I want to eat", "Put the cartoon for me", "My hand is paining me", "xx beat me", "xx pinched me", "Mummy, see xx". Not to mention the shouting, screaming and crying, just because... 

Then the reporting each other to me just for "Sorry, don't mind her" or "Sorry, don't mind him". 

In fact, as I type this, the screaming continues and I pause at intervals to bark commands: "Leave there", "Don't touch it", "Stop that", "Stop fighting", "Stop jumping", "Get down from there", "Leave the kitchen"... The list is endless...

JESUS!!!

So, what I do is structure my time, and determine to finish all activities as planned for each day. And.. Still work at night. 

Does it help? Yes. It keeps be focused and determined. Does it work? Not all the time, not as planned, not as I'd love it to. But again, it keeps me focused.

Don't forget that I have other concerns and personal goals to achieve like working out, family time with my children, my husband, entertainment - watching movies, etc.

Hubby helps out, A LOT, but he too, needs to rest.

Basically, sometimes, it's like a roller-coaster, other times, I just basically survive. But guess what? I am still alive. I am still productive. I still deliver to my clients. Cheers to that!

My life is still beautiful. Yes? Yes!

PS: I still love my children. lol.

Please share your thoughts in the comments.

Love and light.

No comments: