17 Oct 2016

International Day of the Girl Child!



Hello people, 

As you may know, October 11 was the International Day of the Girl Child. 
So, I have a few thoughts to share with you fabulous people. These thoughts come to my mind when I think of the girl child and every female person in Africa and beyond -


I wish we had a system where boys and girls were treated equally. 

I wish girls' education was valued highly. 

I wish girls were not treated as mere sex objects or house keepers.

I wish for the eradication of underage/child marriage and pregnancy. 

I wish for a structure in all Nigerian customs and traditions were girls were entitled to inherit property.

I wish women were allowed to pass their own surnames to their children. 

I wish women were not treated as second class citizens. 

I wish more women would lead in entrepreneurship and business. I wish for more female CEOs, nation-leaders, world leaders, Secretary-General of the UN...

I wish there was no marginalisation and discrimination based on gender. 

I wish we knew how strong we are and how much more we can achieve...

#EverydayShouldBeTheDayOfTheGirlChild!

No comments: